Thursday, May 6, 2010

Twitter..... and my sleep number bed's fascination with that Bieber kid

Long, long ago, I started a twitter account. It sat for quite awhile before I used it for anything much. But after Craig Ferguson (The Late Late Show on CBS) started his own account, I decided to see what he was tweeting about and then started following both friends and celebrities alike. Since then I have found that twitter is addictive! The ability to comment on random thoughts by people like Stephen Fry, Nathan Fillion, my dear friend Corey and many many more is almost like being a part of their world without the horrible consequence of CSS (Celebrity Spaz Syndrome).

For those of you who don't know about
CSS, imagine me (if you know me... otherwise imagine someone friendly and excitable, a human labrador retriever if you will?) meeting someone who I admire, like Dave Foley. This is what CSS does.... "Oh my God! You were so awesome tonight!!! You know what? My dentist looks JUST like you!! And you know what else??? His wife's name is LISA!!! Isn't that hysterical???" Mr. Foley, who has just finished a Kids in the Hall show is gracious enough not to spray me with mace and after giving me an autograph says "Um, thank you?" and by the grace of God, Dave (my Dave) pulls me away from Mr. Foley. This is the horror of CSS, for both celebrities and myself (or those like me) who realize what happened afterwards. Twitter makes this almost impossible... I say almost because I have seen it with my own eyes, tweeted by my own fingers... sigh.

So now that I have my 21 followers (yeah, who knew?) and my short list of 30 odd
followees (?), I can comment to my hearts content in 140 characters on things that I wouldn't use this space for. A strange thought now occurs... How many people really want to know or care what I think??? Hmm, I guess if you're reading this or are following me on twitter (suzannah_mpls), then you do.

Now for the sleep number beds' fascination with Justin
Bieber. Twitter has a sort of hot list of topics and Mr. B is ALWAYS on it!!!! Which is creepy to me, because I find him creepy..... what can I say. Someone buy the kid a barrette or something. That hair cut is strange and what's gonna happen when he hits puberty??? Will it be like the Brady Bunch episode??? ANYWAYS... So the other morning, around 4, when I usually find myself awake and therefore check to see what happened to all of those followees on the west coast during the night, I see that Bieber is NOT on the popular topics... I celebrate by notating it in a tweet! At which point my sleep number bed ADJUSTS ITSELF to a completely uncomfortable setting. So I tweet about this. IT HAPPENS AGAIN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BED. What is going on I wonder??? So I make a sort of Bieber tweet apology and reset my bed. All is well.... UNTIL the next time I see the hair flipping young singer's name back on the popular topics list and comment ... Guess what happens??? THAT'S RIGHT!! MY BED ADJUSTS itself again!! I reset it but now don't comment on the flippy haired kid while in bed, which is hard, because its way too easy to tweet at 4am. Lately though, i've decided that Bieber has a Robot Fan Army which keeps him in the popular topics on twitter. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment